When you join the Hawaii Farm Bureau Federation (HFBF), 1600 members, you are recognized as a member of The national American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF), 5.5 million members, The Big Island Farm Bureau, 750 members, and individual County Farm Bureaus (Hamakua, Hilo, Kohala, and Kona).
Your membership and participation in the Hawaii Farm Bureau Federation supports Hawaii agriculture and ensures the health and welfare of Hawaii’s farming community. Only HFBF, a 501 (c) (5) nonprofit corporation has the legal authority to lobby the legislature on behalf of its members. Farm Bureau’s numbers and reputation are well regarded locally and nationally. Get involved, let your voice be heard, and work to make Hawaii agriculture the best it can be.
- Members receive the HFBF Newsletter and Agriculture Hawaii magazine, an industry publication of Hawaii’s member commodity advisory groups (CAG)
- Members have legislative representation at national, state and county levels
- Full-time state and part-time local staff respond to industry needs
- Members & families enjoy free entry to local and state farm fairs
- Members can attend numerous workshops, trainings, speaker meetings, seminars, and special events throughout the year, hosted by their respective Farm Bureau counties
- Members are eligible for health & auto insurance and discounts at national, state and island level; details are provided below.